The original, and still the best,
Maui Surf Lessons & Surf Camps!
Maui Surfer Girls offers the best Maui surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons and surf camps for teens and women. Our surf school is open to women, men and children, and specializes in small groups, families, and newlyweds. Small class sizes, uncrowded beaches and dedicated instructors set us apart from the rest.
We are Maui’s only female-owned surf school, and the majority of our instructors are female, but we’ll teach anyone!
Our signature teen girls surf camp has been attracting teens from around the globe for the past 16 years, and we launched our women’s surf camp in 2015. The unique program builds self-confidence in women through the sport of surfing with our amazing team of female mentors and coaches.
We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Why Maui Surfer Girls?
There are over 20 surf schools on Maui, but the complete experience that we offer sets us apart from our competition.
- Location, location, location! Our surfing lessons take place 8 miles south of Lahaina at scenic Ukumehame Beach Park. We are among the few permitted surf schools in this beach park, meaning you won’t be surrounded by several other beginners as you attempt your first waves.
- Small class size = More personalized attention. Our classes have a 4:1 student to instructor ratio (the smallest in the industry!)
- Quality of Surf Instructors We are proud to offer Maui’s best surf instructors! Our instructors have a combination of over 40 years of surf instruction experience. They live, eat and breath surfing and their passion for surfing is contagious! Our students really learn how to surf and they all become part of the MSG ‘ohana (family). Meet our team of surf instructors here!
- Years of Experience & Customer Satisfaction We are one of Maui’s oldest surf schools, and we take pride in the quality of our surf instruction & customer satisfaction. We have been extremely highly ranked on TripAdvisor and regularly receive 5 Bubble reviews. We’ve received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence from 2013-2016. Read our TripAdvisor reviews here.
- A legal and safe operation We are one of only a few surf schools on Maui with a CORA permit from Maui County. All of our surf instructors are CPR and First Aid certified at all times.
Meet the Founder & Director Dustin Tester
Dustin got her inspiration for Maui Surfer Girls while attending Prescott College’s Wilderness Therapy Program. For her senior project, she created a rite of passage for teen girls using a wilderness setting, journal writing, and storytelling to build self-esteem. While on a whitewater kayaking trip in Colorado, the a-ha moment hit. Having grown up surfing on Maui, she was able to combine her surfing skills, her mentoring ability and her love of outdoor adventures to create the teen surf camp for which the company is known. With a community of strong female role-models, Maui Surfer Girls was born the summer of 2001, and the rest is history.
Book your Maui Surf Lessons Now! Call 808.270.8769