Women’s Surf Camps
One Week of Maui Adventures, Relaxation and Rejuvenation!
Maui Surfer Girls’ women’s surf camp is a week-long retreat for beginner and intermediate surfers ages 18 and up. Our surf camps are all-inclusive with oceanfront accommodations, surf coaching and 3 healthy meals a day. Beyond surfing, our camps include tropical adventures, an assortment of activities throughout the week to leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated as well as an opportunity to give back to the Maui community through service projects and beach cleanups.
🚙 On-Island Transportation, including airport pick up and drop off
⛺️ 6 nights accommodation in shared oceanfront cabins (3 per cabin)
🏄🏽♀️ 5 mornings of surf lessons with personalized instruction from female surf coaches for first time through intermediate surfers
🥗 Healthy, gourmet meals and snacks each day
🍷Beer, wine, hard seltzer, coffee, tea and sparkling water
🤿 Snorkel and SUP equipment to use right off our campground at one of Maui’s most beautiful reefs
💆🏽♀️ One 50 minute oceanfront massage
🧘♀️One 60 minute yoga class
🌺 Afternoons filled with unique Maui adventures
⛵️A boat trip ranging from snorkeling, sunset cruise, whale watch or dance party, depending on season and ocean conditions
BE SURE TO EXPLORE ALL THE GREEN TABS BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
March 3-9, 2024
$3325+ Taxes & Fees
ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT!
April 29-May 5, 2024
$3325+ Taxes & Fees
October 20-26, 2024
$3800+ Taxes & Fees
October 27 – Nov 2, 2024
$3325+ Taxes & Fees
Once you arrive on Maui, you’ll be greeted at the airport by our friendly staff. After a short shuttle ride, you’ll arrive at our oceanfront A-frame cabin facility, Camp Olowalu, the ultimate setting for your week of adventures. After settling into your cabin and enjoying a light lunch, our opening ceremonies will begin where you will meet your fellow campers and staff members, learn the details of your week ahead and board basics to set you up for success for surfing the next morning.
Each morning, after a healthy and filling breakfast prepared by our private chef, we head a few miles down the road to our designated surf spot for the week. Each day’s surf lesson will build upon the previous one, from learning the basics of how waves are generated & navigating a reef break to perfecting your pop-up & learning how to turn to understanding surf etiquette & becoming self-sufficient at reading waves and maybe even catching them on your own! Every camper progresses in their own time. Our professional surf coaching team will be there to support you in feeling more confident in the water at your own pace.
Each day after surfing, we will fuel up on a healthy lunch. After a little relaxing downtime we will head out for our afternoon activities (will vary depending on the season and the weather). Past activities have included yoga, massages, hiking, snorkeling, stand up paddling, boat trips, whale watching (in the winter), sightseeing and giving back to the Maui community through beach cleanups & service projects.
Then it’s back home for an amazing dinner spread. All meals are served buffet style except for one special evening where we treat you to a 3-course plated dinner! This is when the talent of our camp chefs really shine. After dinner, we’ll have evening activities ranging from fun game nights and karaoke dance parties to chill campfire vibes and surf movies. We aim to provide an environment that lets our campers take what they need from the experience with a good balance between action and relaxation.
Open to women ages 18+. First timer, beginner and intermediate surfers welcome. No experience is necessary, just an adventurous spirit! We look forward to hosting you!
Each morning consists of a surf lesson. A portion of the lesson happens on land with your surf instructor (going over goals for the day and discussing what progression steps you will be working on) before hitting the water. Afternoon & Evening activities will vary with the season and the weather, but possible activities include:
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Hawaiian Arts & Crafts
- Service Project or Beach Cleanup
- Hawaiian Cultural Education
- Sailing Adventures
- Game Night
- Surf Movies
Camp Olowalu is open to the public, but our particular ‘cabin’ area is directly on the beach, and reserved just for our use! Camp features oceanfront A-frame cabins with three twin-beds with memory foam toppers (3 women share each cabin) and shared bathrooms (which are reserved only for our camp use). There are 4 private toilets and two private showers, and one open-air, public outdoor shower. We also have our own kitchen and mess hall with lots of room to spread out or come together! For more photos of camp, check out the Gallery
Come for the surfing, stay for the food! It’s been described as ‘5 star-dining on the beach!’ Our chef and kitchen assistants lovingly create three meals from scratch daily from fresh and locally sourced ingredients. They keep our guests and our staff fueled up with nutritious and delicious meals, with ample snacks also available throughout the day. The coffee is hot and ready to go every morning, and there’s a self-service fridge in the dining room with a wide variety of beverages, since it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere! One night each camp, there’s a 3-course, plated gourmet dinner! Meals, snacks and a selection of adult beverages are included in the camp tuition**.
**In 2024, Dairy and/or Gluten Free options will be a $50 upgrade due to the rising costs of specialty food products.
Flight / Travel Information
Please check out this great blog post we created as a guide to get you packing for surf camp!
2024 Payment and Cancellation Policies –
- The $875 tuition deposit + taxes & registration fee will reserve your enrollment at camp.
- Tuition should be made payable to Maui Surfer Girls. We accept VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
- The registration deposit is REFUNDABLE up to 60 days prior to your camps start date (NEW for 2025: up to 90 days prior). Within 60 days of camp start the deposit becomes non-refundable with exceptions to the medical & non-medical emergencies listed below.
- ALL CAMP SESSIONS WILL NEED TO BE PAID IN FULL 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CAMPS START DATE.
- The final payment is automatically deducted from the same card that the deposit is paid with, 60 days prior to camp.
- The final payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tuition will NOT be pro-rated if the camper must arrive after our opening day or leaves before our closing day.
- For non-medical emergencies within 60 days of camp start date, partial refunds will only be issued if we are able to fill your spot from our waitlist. This refund will be determined on a case by case basis depending on how many staff hours were put in to fill your spot from waitlist or marketing efforts. If we are able to fill the spot, you will receive a partial refund (less service fees + staff hours). If we are unable to fill your spot, no refund will be issued.
- In the unfortunate event of a medical emergency causing the camper to cancel attendance within 60 days of camp start, we will need a doctor’s note to honor any refunds. This refund will be determined on a case by case basis depending on how many staff hours were put in to fill your spot from waitlist or marketing efforts. If we are able to fill the spot, you will receive a partial refund (less service fees+ staff hours). If we are unable to fill your spot, you will receive a 50% refund if a doctor’s note has been received. If no doctor’s note has been received, no refund will be issued.
- Click here for all covid-related cancellation policies
Discounts are available for Alumni campers and kama’aina. Discounts are not combinable.
Email [email protected] for more information!