Women’s Surf Camps
One Week of Maui Adventures, Relaxation and Rejuvenation!
Maui Surfer Girls’ women’s surf camp is a retreat for beginner and intermediate surfers ages 18 and up. Our surf camps are all-inclusive, with oceanfront accommodations, surf coaching, 3 healthy meals a day, tropical adventures, and an assortment of activities throughout the week to leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
2024 Dates Coming in May!
To be notified, sign up for the e-newsletter below right, where it says ‘Join Our Newsletter’
Summer Week 1 2023
June 4-10, 2023
$3075+ Taxes & Fees
5 Spots Left!
Summer Week 2 2023
June 11-17, 2023
$3075+ Taxes & Fees
6 Spots Left!
October 29 – November 4, 2023
Once you arrive on Maui, you’ll be greeted at the airport by our friendly staff. Twenty minutes later, you’ll arrive at our oceanfront A-frame cabin facility, Camp Olowalu, the ultimate setting for your week of adventures. Each morning, after a healthy and filling breakfast prepared by our private chef, we head a few miles south to our designated surf spot for the week.
Our professional surf coaching team will help you improve and feel more confident in the water each day. For lunch, we will fuel up on more healthy grinds, then the afternoon activities will vary depending on the season and the weather. Past activities have included yoga, massages, hiking, snorkeling, stand up paddling, boat trips, whale watches, reading books and napping in a hammock! Evening activities range from relaxing bonfires to dance parties!
Open to women ages 18+, beginner and intermediate surfers welcome! No experience is necessary, just an adventurous spirit!
The women’s surf camp is designed similar to the girls camp but with more focus on relaxation and rejuvenation. Activities will vary with the season and the weather, but possible activities include:
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Hawaiian Arts & Crafts
- Service Project or Beach Cleanup
- Hawaiian Cultural Education
- Sailing Adventures
- Campfire Counsel
Camp Olowalu is open to the public, but our particular ‘cabin’ area is directly on the beach, and reserved just for our use! Camp features oceanfront A-frame cabins with three twin-beds with memory foam toppers (3 women share each cabin) and shared bathrooms (which are reserved only for our camp use). There are 4 private toilets and two private showers, and one open-air, public outdoor shower. We also have our own kitchen and mess hall, and lots of room to spread out or come together!
Come for the surfing, stay for the Food! In 2023 we are thrilled to announce the return of our beloved caterer, Joy. It’s been described as ‘5 star-dining on the beach!’ Joy and her assistants lovingly create three meals from scratch daily from fresh and locally sourced ingredients. They keep our guests and our staff fueled up with nutritious and delicious meals, with ample snacks also available throughout the day. The coffee is hot and ready to go every morning, and there’s a self-service fridge in the dining room with a wide variety of beverages, since it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere! Meals, snacks and a selection of adult beverages are included in the camp tuition.
Flight / Travel Information
Items Needed for Surfing
- 3 swim suits or more (sturdy and active style suits) – check out some awesome Maui-made suits by maui-girl.com and use code LOVESURF for 20% off!
- 1 pair leggings (Especially for first time surfers)
- 1 Long sleeve rash-guard to prevent board rash/sunburns (also for sale in camp store)
- 2 Reusable water bottles ( 1 qt. capacity) (we’ll have some for sale at our camp store)
- 2 bottles of sunblock (reef-safe, 30+ spf and waterproof)
- 1 Beach Towel
- 1 day pack to pack sunscreen, water bottles, and towel
- Neoprene booties or water shoes
Necessities for Camp
- 3 pairs of t-shirts, shorts, and under garments***
- 1 sweatshirt (it does get chilly at night sometimes) – check out our new zip hoodie!
- 1 pair jeans or long pants
- 1 pair flip-flops or tevas
- 1 pair of close toe shoes, comfortable for hiking
- 2 pair of socks
- 1 hat
- 1 floral print or dressy t-shirt, skirt, or dress
- 1 towel for showers, optional washcloth
- towel or yoga mat for yoga (for use on grass)
- toiletry bag with toiletry items
- Health Insurance Card
- Cash* for spending money & Tips: ~ $150
- journal and pen
- compact mirror if desired (no mirrors in cabins but there are some in bathrooms)
- headlamp or flashlight for evenings
- back up sunglasses, towels
- your own surfboard**
- reading material
- camera & phone/tablet/laptop (there is limited wi-fi)
- Light Blanket
- Camp t-shirt
*Meals & Activities are included, but please bring extra cash for tips for your Massage Therapist ($20-30), Camp staff (including Surf Coaches & Caterers – $100-120) and for various guided activities.
** we have lots of surfboards for beginner and intermediates, but if you want to bring your own, that’s fine too!
***There are laundry facilities available. Our coin operated machine is $2.50/load!
Plus we’ll have our logo store with shirts, rash guards, water bottles, hats and more!
Please pack lightly, less is more at surf camp!
- The $875 registration deposit + tax and registration fees will reserve your enrollment at camp.
- Tuition should be made payable to Maui Surfer Girls. We accept check, money orders, VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover.
- The registration deposit is fully REFUNDABLE up to 60 days prior to your camps start date.
- ALL CAMP SESSIONS WILL NEED TO BE PAID IN FULL 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CAMPS START DATE.
- The final payment is automatically deducted from the same card that the deposit is paid with, 60 days prior to camp. Final Payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tuition will NOT be pro-rated if the camper must arrive after our opening day or leaves before our closing day.
- In the unfortunate event of a medical emergency causing the camper to cancel attendance within 60 days of camp start, we will need a doctor’s note to honor any refunds. This refund will be determined on a case by case basis depending on how many staff hours were put in to fill your spot from waitlist or marketing efforts. If we are able to fill the spot, you will receive a partial refund (less service fees + staff hours). If we are unable to fill your spot, you will receive a 50% refund if a doctor’s note has been received. If no doctor’s note has been received, no refund will be issued.
- Click here for all covid-related cancellation policies