2023 Maui Events Calendar – The Return of Events!
Created September 2022 ... It’s Happening!!! For the first time in a couple of years, it looks like there’s enough in-person events to bring back our most popular blog post ever, our Annual Event Calendar! Some details may be pending (especially for those over a year out, as of initial posting time, but we’ll try to include what websites may be helpful to always stay updated. As always, events are subject to change! To add your event, scroll to the bottom for contact details!
- Event: Golf – Tournament of Champions
- Date: January 4-8, 2023
- Location: Plantation Course at Kapalua
- Details: Each January, the PGA TOUR holds the Tournament of Champions at the legendary Plantation Course. Watch as golf’s greatest players compete for this prestigious title in an elite field comprised of only winners from the previous PGA TOUR season.
- Website: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/sentry-tournament-of-champions.html
- Event: Winter Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: January 8-14 (SOLD OUT)
- Click for more
- Details: In our picturesque oceanfront cabins, return to nature, relive your youth, get reacquainted with yourself… all while learning (or getting better at) surfing, bonding with other adventurous women, and exploring the island of Maui!
- Event: Legends of the Bay 2023
- Location: Honolua Bay
- Holding Period: January 07- 31, 2023
- Details: Hawaii Surfing Association and Honolua Surf Co present Legends of the Bay, a two day surfing contest held at Honolua Cave
- Website: https://hsa.surfsignup.com/event/2023-honolua-surf-co-legends-of-the-bay
- Event: Maui Oceanfront Marathon
- Date: Sunday, January 15, 2023
- Details: Starts in Wailea and runs along the shoreline to Kamehameha Iki Park near the Banyan Tree in Old Lahaina Town. Also includes a Half Marathon, 15k,10K & 5k.
- Website: http://www.mauioceanfrontmarathon.com
- Event: Hawaiian Islands Land Trust “Buy Back the Beach”
- Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Location: Old Lahaina Luau
- Details: This event brings together Hawai‘i’s top conservation advocates for an island-style pā‘ina under the Maui stars at the famous Old Lāhainā Lū‘au. Guests will be treated to ‘ono lū‘au fare, complimentary cocktails, live and silent auctions and live entertainment. This benefit provides much-needed operational support to ensure the Hawaiian Islands Land Trust continues its efforts to protect the lands that sustain us. Tickets now on sale!
- Website: https://www.hilt.org/events
- Event: Maui Open Studios 2023
- Date: Weekends in February, Preview/ Opening Celebration: Saturday, February 11
- Details: Visit Maui’s talented artists as they open up their galleries and studios in this month-long, island wide traveling event! Visitor tip: This is a great way to also explore some of the ‘hidden’ parts of Maui!
- Website: http://mauiopenstudios.com
- Event: Art Affair 2023
- Date: TBD (They held it in 2022 so it’s likely to return in 2023! Check website for details closer to event time!)
- Location: Hui No’eau’s historic Kalaunui Estate
- Details: The evening features a live and silent auction, live music, dancing, a gourmet seated dinner, and an opportunity to gather and celebrate with a wonderful community of visual art supporters! Proceeds from Art Affair enable access to exceptional visual arts programming for all ages and abilities throughout the year.
- Website: https://www.huinoeau.com/art-events/
- Event: Maui 5K
- Date: Sunday, March 5
- Location: Maalaea
- Details: Maui Ocean Center is once again proud to be the title sponsor for the Maui 5K Run and Walk. Join us to support Maui Nui schools, connect with the community and celebrate the outdoors at this family-friendly event. Participants will have the option to take part in a timed 5K run or an untimed 1-mile run/walk for everyone from keiki to kūpuna. For those who can’t attend, a virtual run is also offered.
- Website: https://mauioceancenter.com/community-events/maui-5k/
- Event: Spring Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: March 5-11 (SOLD OUT)
- Click for more
- Event: Maui Marathon
- Date: April 23, 2023
- Details: Run the marathon, relay marathon, half, or 10K or 5K… This event is the longest consecutively held running event in the state of Hawaii (until covid postponements), it’s the oldest marathon west of the Mississippi River. It has been chosen as one of the top 10 Most Scenic Marathons in the nation by Runner’s World magazine, and the #10 destination marathon in North America, by the Ultimate Guide to Marathons.Though small in comparison to the world-famous Honolulu Marathon, the Maui Marathon has developed a reputation over the years as a quality running event. This is due in great part to the many volunteers and community support generated, year after year, for this charity fund-raising running event.
- Website: mauimarathon.com
- Event: Menehune Mayhem, Junior Surfing Competition
- Date: Saturday, April (tbd)
- Location: Hookipa Beach Park
- Details: The Menehune Mayhem is a free non-profit annual event which promotes, surfing, sportsmanship, creativity, scholarship, and environmental awareness for the youth of Maui. Activities include a surfing competition for kids 17 and under as well as opportunities for creative exploration through art, music, dance, athletics and entertainment. Surfing competitors receive a prize bag, lunch, refreshments, and a contest t-shirt. Special Awards are given to participating high school surfers with the highest GPAs.
- Website: https://www.menehunemayhem.org
- Event: East Maui Taro Festival 2023 ?
- Date: UNKNOWN?
- Details: The festival did not take place in 2022, but we’ll keep this listing here in case it comes back for 2023!
- Website: http://www.tarofestival.org
- Event: Haiku Hoolaulea & Flower Festival 2023
- Date: Saturday, April 23
- Details: (Event is not yet confirmed for 2023 but it did take place in 2022, so there’s a good chance it will happen again!) Live entertainment, silent auction, floral design and lei making contests, a Haiku historical display, children’s activities, food trucks, bake sales and more! A benefit for Haiku Elementary School, Haiku Community Association and Boys & Girls Club Maui-Haiku. Visitor Tip: Haiku can be rainy / muddy so come prepared! (Need upcoming dates? Always scheduled for the 4th Saturday of April)
- Website: http://haikuhoolaulea.org
- Event: Paddle Imua (Benefit Race for Camp Imua)
- Date: Dates not yet confirmed for 2023, but we’ll keep this listing here and link to their website so you can find the most up-to-date info directly from them!1
- Details: Held on Maui’s legendary Maliko Downwind Run, Bluesmiths Paddle Imua welcomes athletes who paddle Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUP), Outrigger Canoes (OC1 , OC2 & OC6), Prone Paddleboards and Surf Skis. (In 2022, no foil or sail activities allowed)
- Website: http://paddleimua.com
- Event: Seabury Hall Craft Fair 2023
- Date: Saturday, May 13
- Details: We’re not sure if the rumors are true, but since our manager is also the volunteer Marketing Manager for this event, we’ll probably find out soon! Since 2023 will be the first time bringing back the event since pre-covid, we don’t know exactly what it will look like; here’s what it looked like in the past:
- The school’s signature fundraising event, the craft fair is definitely an event to plan a trip to Maui around! Featuring over 100 Artists and Crafters, Silent Auction, Entertainment, tons of delicious food and deserts, Games & Pony Rides and more! Always the day before Mother’s Day. Visitor Tip: It will be sunny, rainy, hot and chilly. It’s upcountry Maui. Dress in layers, bring sunscreen, a hat and a rain jacket!
- Event: Maui Brewers Festival 2023
- Date: UNKNOWN
- Details: OH PLEASE Bring this back!!! (Last report is ‘postponed indefinitely’)
- Website: https://mauiarts.org/MauiBrewersFestival.php
- Event: Summer Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: June 4-10 / June 11-17 (LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE!)
- Click for more
- Event: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival 2023
- Date: June 8-11, 2023
- Location: Kapalua Resort
- Details: Kapalua Wine and Food Festival is a collaboration of Kapalua Resort partners creating a new spin on the longest running food and wine event in the USA.This celebration of epicurean excellence will convene the finest in food and wine and embrace all things Hawaiian – notably – the fabulous culinary bounty on Maui
- Website: https://kapaluawineandfoodfestival.com
- Event: Maui Ag Fest & 4-H Livestock Fair 2023
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Location: War Memorial in Wailuku
- Details: All the signature events will be back, including the Maui Legacy Farmers Pancake Breakfast, Grand Taste, Keiki Zone, Maui 4-H Livestock Show and Auction, Grown on Maui Farmers’ Market, Ag Education, and food booths/food trucks. AgFest is presented for all of Maui to attend to learn more about agriculture, to meet farmers and ranchers and to enjoy Maui’s agriculture history and culture. We welcome everyone. Admission to the event is free, and parking is $5 per car. Free Admission! Parking $5/car.
- Website: https://mauicountyfarmbureau.org/maui-agfest-4h-livestock-fair/
- Event: Maui Film Festival 2023
- Date: Summer – Dates tbd
- Locations: Wailea
- Details: Celebrities, awesome movies, breathtaking venues, crazy fun parties… oh, and did we mention celebrities? For Dates and Details, click the website closer to event time.
- Website: http://www.mauifilmfestival.com
- Event: Fourth of July Rodeo and Parade 2023
- Location: Makawao
- Details: The annual Makawao 4th of July Parade and Rodeo is a Hawaiian tradition that boasts a rodeo show and cultural parade. The four-day engagement features amateur and professional rodeo exhibitions including bull riding, calf roping, mugging, bronco riding and breakaways. The colorful parade of floats and marchers falls on the Saturday of the event.
- Website: Will be posted closer to event time
- Event: Teen Girls’ Surf Camp
- Dates: July … Dates TBD
- Details: Our teen camp is dedicated to empowering teenage girls through Maui’s water sports and our mentorship program. The all-inclusive camp includes oceanfront accommodations, professional surf coaching, and a wide range of island adventures including boat rides, snorkeling and waterfall hikes. Sign up for the NEWSLETTER alert (at the very bottom of this page) to be emailed when registration is live. Open to girls 13-17.
- Click for more info
- Event: Maui Calls 2023
- Date: ???
- Location: Maui Arts and Cultural Center, Kahului
- Details: Program may still be on-hold?? In the past, it was the MACC’s annual signature fundraiser gala: enjoy a fresh flower lei greeting, delectable pūpū, premium wines, dancing to live music and excellent live and silent auction shopping.
- Website: http://mauiarts.org/special-events.php
- Event: Maui Fair 2023
- Date: ???
- Location: War Memorial, Wailuku
- Details: This event was cancelled in 2021and again in 2022 due to covid & logistics so we’ll see if 2023 is the year we can finally eat a Flying Saucer again!
- Website: https://www.mauifair.com
- Event: Noble Chef ???
- Date: UNKNOWN?
- Location: Fairmont Kea Lani, Wailea
- Details: This is another amazing event that we hope comes back! So we’re leaving up this listing just in case (and we’re doing more investigating behind the scenes!!!)
- The largest annual fundraiser for UH Maui’s Culinary Arts Program, the Noble Chef feature students working alongside Maui’s most notable Chefs. A fun new theme each year, with a cocktail reception, seated dinner and extravagant dessert buffet. Proceeds support culinary education, student career advancement, and community service.
- Website: http://noblechef.maui.hawaii.edu
- Event: Fall Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: October 29- November 4 (SOLD OUT)
- Click for more
- Event: Halloween in Lahaina 2023
- Date: October 31
- Details: This event was probably (didn’t make it over myself) a bit toned down in 2021, we’ll see what happens in 2022 but by 2023 it’ll probably be back to its wild and crazy norm!) Often called the Mardi Gras of the Pacific… Front Street is closed to traffic, and opened to costumed revelry! Visitor tip: If you are coming out for this event, make sure you get a hotel close to Lahaina! And book early!
- Website: http://visitlahaina.com
- Event: Quiksilver Jaws Big Wave Challenge Presented by Tudor
- Location: Peahi (Jaws)
- Holding Period: Typically Runs Nov 1- Mar 31 / (using dates from 2022 since it’s currently over a year aways)
- Details: The best big wave surfers in the world come to test their skills at the Peahi Challenge. Viewing is limited to pass-holders from the cliffs, but the event is streamed live on the internet for the general public.
- Website: http://www.worldsurfleague.com
- Event: Maui Jim Invitational Basketball Championship 2023
- Date: November 20-22, 2023
- Location: Lahaina Civic Center
- Details: Gonzaga, Kansas, Marquette, Purdue, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCLA and Chaminade will meet Nov. 20-22, 2023, at the historic Lahaina Civic Center in Maui, Hawaii.
- Website: https://mauiinvitational.com/news/2022/4/5/general-maui-jim-maui-invitational-unveils-2023-tournament-field.aspx
- Event: Maui Women’s Pro at Honolua Bay
- Holding Period: TBD
- Location: Honolua Bay
- Details: Spectator are welcome to watch the action as the surfer girls complete in their final event for the calendar year, typically scheduled for November.
- Website: http://www.worldsurfleague.com
- Event: Christmas Tree Lightings
- Date: varies
- Details: We don’t have snow or cold weather or ice skating, but something about lighting up a giant tree (of any sort) can help get you in a holiday mood. There’s always the tree lighting at Lahaina’s banyan tree, and recently the Grand Wailea and Ulupalakua Ranch/ Maui Winery have gotten in on the action.
- Website: See colored links above
Would you like to submit an event? To add your event to our Maui Events 2023 Calendar, please email [email protected] with all of your event details. Big, Annual events only please. Event listings are complimentary. Please include Date, Location, Details, and a website for price and registration information. Not all events can be included.
Maui Events 2023 | Maui Surfing Contests 2023 | Maui Surf Events 2023 | Maui Calendar of Events 2023 | Maui Event Calendar 2023 | Maui Event Listings 2023 | 2023 Maui Jim Basketball Tournament