What to Bring to Women’s Surf Camp:
(updated for 2019)
Mahalo to past camper Laura Yamasaki for sharing this awesome illustrated packing guide with us!
One of the most common questions that we receive after a booking for women’s surf camp is “What should we bring?” We’ve updated our packing list for our expanded women’s camps, so please review our guides below!
- 3 swim suits or more (sturdy and active style suits)
- 1 pair Surf pants or quick dry leggings (Especially for first time surfers)
- 1 Long sleeve rash-guard to prevent board rash/sunburns (also for sale in camp store)
- 2 Reusable water bottles ( 1 qt. capacity)
- 2 bottles of sunblock (preferably reef-safe, 30+ spf and waterproof)
- 2 beach towels*
- 1 day pack to pack sunscreen, water bottles, lunch, and towel
- Optional: neoprene booties or water shoes (we also supply these for campers)
Necessities for Camp
- 3 pairs of t-shirts, shorts, and under garments***
- 1 sweatshirt (it does get chilly at night sometimes)
- 1 pair jeans or long pants
- 1 pair flip-flops or tevas
- 1 pair of close toe shoes, comfortable for hiking
- 2 pair of socks
- 1 hat
- 1 floral print or dressy t-shirt, skirt, or dress for our ‘mystery adventure’
- toiletry bag with toiletry items
- Cash* for spending money & Tips: ~ $150
- journal and pen
- back up sunglasses, towels
- your own surfboard**
- reading material
- camera & phone/tablet/laptop (there is limited wi-fi)
- Light Blanket
- Camp t-shirt
*Meals & Activities are included, but please bring extra cash for tips for your Massage Therapist ($20-30), Camp Caterer and for our “Mystery Adventure”
** we have lots of surfboards for beginner and intermediates, but if you want to bring your own, that’s fine too!
***There are laundry facilities available. Our coin operated machine is 1.00/load!
Plus we’ll have our logo store with shirts, rash guards, water bottles, hats and more!
Please pack lightly, less is more at surf camp!