The Salty Pineapple Experience : Instagram Boot Camp + Surf Retreat on Maui – January 16-21, 2017
Beautiful photographs, exotic travels, gorgeous jewelry and accessories… how does one become an Instagram influencer with thousands of followers? Would you love boxes of items showing up at your door to photograph, invitations to travel the world, and get paid while it happens? It sounds too good to be true, but it IS possible, and influencer and entrepreneur Kat Gaskin of Salty Pineapple will spend a week teaching you how to make it happen!
Teaming up with Maui Surfer Girls and their women’s surf retreats, Kat has created a 4 day Instagram Boot Camp (within the 6 day program), with topics including photography, photo editing and brand building! Participants in the retreat will also receive one-on-one time with Kat, to review their own Instagram accounts, as well as access to Kat following the retreat. Participants will also receive one of Kat’s brand new Content Planners, (a $60 value!) a physical planner to help schedule an entire year of posts and goals!
Besides the social media training, the camp will be filled with tropical adventures, including a whale watch cruise, hikes and a special surprise activity to close out the week! Daily surf lessons with professional surf coaches will start each day, but no surfing experience is necessary to participate! Surf coaches Kelly Potts (professional surfer and prAna brand ambassador herself) and Kiki Martins (our powerhouse from Brazil!) will be explaining the fundamentals of surfing and campers will see progression each day on the water!
“Hosting this retreat in January is the perfect way to get 2017 off to a great start,” Kat shared. “We’ll set goals for your Instagram, you’ll get valuable tips on getting and editing your photos, and we’ll figure out how to set your brand apart from everyone else!”
Instagram Boot Camp Includes:
Photography – DSLR, GoPro & Phone
- You don’t need a fancy camera to take great photos!
- Learn Kat’s techniques for taking the best photos for Instagram and your business
- How to shoot lifestyle photography, flat lays, product photos, landscapes and people
- Setting up your environment to capture the most stunning photos
- Learn the basics of lighting, using a tripod, camera settings and body position
- Photographers of all skill levels are welcome
Photo Editing – With Your Phone and Computer
- Kat’s favorite mobile apps for on-the-go editing
- Step-by-step photo editing in Adobe Lightroom
- Using Adobe Photoshop to make specific touch ups
- Using the Instagram app for simple, effective photo editing
How to Grow your Brand on Instagram
- Creating targeted hashtag groups that get you more likes
- When and what to post to create the most engagement
- Why your followers aren’t interacting with your content — and how to convert them into dedicated fans
- Curating a feed that people will automatically want to follow
- Where to find photos if you can’t shoot your own
- Best practices on Instagram
- Building a community of customers
1-on-1 Personal Consultation
- An in-depth analysis of your entire Instagram account
- Brand strategy development
- Visualizing your brand and curating your feed
Campers will receive their own Content Planner – a $60 value!
Personalized coaching on how to target new followers
- Industry tips to generate higher engagement
- Training on content creation according to your brand
- 10-minute Q & A about everything Instagram
- A just released Content Planner to schedule each post and promotion for 2017!
- FREE access to Kat’s Instagram course ‘Gain 1,000 Followers in 1 Week’ –
- Unlimited Q & A after each session and access to Kat via email for all of 2017!
This camp is limited to 8 participants, book soon to reserve your space!
All campers will also receive an exclusive Pineapple T-Shirt!
Who: Any woman age 18 and over with an interest in photography and social media, for their own brand or representing clients!
Where: Camp is based at Camp Olowalu, Maui, Hawaii. Our retreat has exclusive access to the recently renovated oceanfront cabins, with their own kitchen, mess hall and bathroom facilities. Cabins are shared, each camper gets their own raised queen air mattress. Surfing and adventures will take us all around the island, all on-island transportation is provided, to and from the airport! No rental cars or taxi needed!
When: Monday, January 16 – Saturday, January 21, 2017
How Much: Fee is $2,200 per camper, plus tax and registration. Includes all meals, oceanfront cabins, activities, and on-island transportation. Does not include airfare. The basic surf camp is valued at $1,950 and the Instagram Boot Camp is valued at $699, which means a savings of almost $450!!! Plus, the access to Kat after the camp is PRICELESS! (also the pineapple shirts are really cool..)
Need more camp details? Read about and see the photographs from the 2016 camp!
After quitting my 9-to-5 job back in October 2012, I pursued my dreams of running my own freelance business and launched Salty Pineapple. I was absolutely terrified of failing, but it was the best decision of my life. Since then, I’ve leveraged Instagram to successfully build my online brand and grow my following from 0 to +45,000 – all through planning and strategizing my Instagram content every day. My photography skills are completely self-taught and because of social media, I was able to turn my passion into profit. Now, I make a living by exploring the most stunning tropical destinations in the world to create content for some of my dream brands.
Flight / Travel Information:
Attend the regular surf camp: To register for the camp in January without the upgrade to the Instagram Boot Camp, email [email protected] for the discount code. There are also camps planned in March and June (June is almost full as of November 15, please book ASAP if June is your preference)