Teen Camp Guide To Packing – Updated for 2021!
Recommended for Surfing
3 swim suits or more (sturdy and active style suits)
- 1-2 pairs Surf pants or quick dry leggings (Especially for first time surfers)
- 1 pair neoprene booties or water shoes (only for first time surfers)
- 1 Long sleeve rash-guard to prevent board rash/sunburns (for sale in camp store)
- 2 Reusable water bottles ( 1 qt. capacity, also for sale in our camp store)
- Reef-Safe Sunscreen (sunscreens that do NOT contain oxybenzone or octinoxate)
- 1 beach towels*
- 1 day pack to pack sunscreen, water bottles, lunch, and towel
Necessities for Camp
- reusable cloth face masks
- t-shirts, shorts, and under garments (enough for a week)
- 1 sweatshirt (it does get chilly at night sometimes)
- 1 pair jeans or long pants
- 1 pair flip-flops or tevas
- 1 pair of close toe shoes, comfortable for hiking
- 2 pair of socks
- 1 brimmed hat
- 1 pair sunglasses
- 1 bath towel
- 1 floral print or dressy t-shirt, skirt, or dress for our luau
- light blanket or light sleeping bag and pillow****
- toiletry bag with toiletry items
- flash light and batteries
Bring a sundress for our Luau Night!
Please PACK LIGHTLY, the more you pack the more you keep track of!!
- hand sanitizer (will be provided at camp, but you’ll want it for the plane, etc!)
- journal and pen
- back up sunglasses, towels, stuff you usually lose.
- your own surfboard (optional)
- reading material
- camera – you will have limited access to your smartphone (read our camp technology policy), so we recommend bringing a GoPro or other waterproof camera!!
- Money for the camp store (with hats, rash guards, shirts, hoodies and more for sale!) We accept cash, Venmo or can run credit cards via Square.
Please pack lightly, less is more at surf camp!
*There are laundry facilities available. Our coin operated machine is 1.00/load!
****We provide a bottom sheet for all campers, but all other bedding (blankets, pillows or sheets) must be provided from you. The nights can get cool enough that light blanket is nice.