Teen Camp Guide To Packing – Updated for 2018!
Recommended for Surfing
3 swim suits or more (sturdy and active style suits)
- 1-2 pairs Surf pants or quick dry leggings (Especially for first time surfers)
- 1 pair neoprene booties or water shoes (only for first time surfers)
- 1 Long sleeve rash-guard to prevent board rash/sunburns (for sale in camp store)
- 2 Reusable water bottles ( 1 qt. capacity)
- Reef-Safe Sunscreen (also for sale in camp store) click here to see some options
- 1 beach towels*
- 1 day pack to pack sunscreen, water bottles, lunch, and towel
Necessities for Camp
- 3 pairs of t-shirts, shorts, and under garments
- 1 sweatshirt (it does get chilly at night sometimes)
- 1 pair jeans or long pants
- 1 pair flip-flops or tevas
- 1 pair of close toe shoes, comfortable for hiking
- 2 pair of socks
- 1 brimmed hat
- 1 pair sunglasses
- 1 bath towel
- 1 floral print or dressy t-shirt, skirt, or dress for our luau
- light blanket or light sleeping bag and pillow****
- toiletry bag with toiletry items
- flash light and batteries
- spending money**
Please PACK LIGHTLY, the more you pack the more you keep track of!!
- journal and pen
- back up sunglasses, towels, stuff you usually lose.
- your own surfboard***
- reading material
- camera – you will have limited access to your smartphone (read our camp technology policy), so we recommend bringing a GoPro or other waterproof camera!!
IF YOU FORGET ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY SUNBLOCK OR SWIMSUITS, THERE WILL BE SHOPPING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE ESSENTIALS. Please pack lightly, less is more at surf camp!
*There are laundry facilities available. Our coin operated machine is 1.00/load!
** Spending Money: We’ll have a camp store with MSG merchandise and can head into town if you forgot some necessities that we don’t carry…
***We provide surfboards & have them for sale in our camp store, but by all means bring your own if you have one.!
****We provide a bottom sheet for all campers, but all other bedding (blankets, pillows or sheets) must be provided from you. The nights can get cool enough that light blanket is nice.