Teen Camp Guide To Packing – Updated for 2022!
Required for Surfing
- 1-2 pairs Surf pants or quick dry leggings (Especially for first time surfers)
- 1 pair neoprene booties or water shoes
- 1 Long sleeve rash-guard to prevent board rash/sunburns (for sale online or in camp store)
- 2 Reusable water bottles ( 1 qt. capacity, also for sale in our camp store)
- Reef-Safe Sunscreen (NO chemical sunscreens – only Zinc or Titanium Dioxide)
- 1 beach towels*
- 1 day pack to pack sunscreen, water bottles, lunch, and towel
Necessities for Camp
- reusable cloth face masks
- t-shirts, shorts, and under garments (enough for a week)
- 1 sweatshirt check out our MSG Hoodie! (it does get chilly at night sometimes)
- 1 pair jeans or long pants
- 1 pair flip-flops or tevas
- 1 pair of close toe shoes, comfortable for hiking
- 2 pair of socks
- 1 brimmed hat
- 1 pair sunglasses
- 1 bath towel
- 1 floral print or dressy t-shirt, skirt, or dress for our luau
- light blanket or light sleeping bag and pillow****
- toiletry bag with toiletry items
- flash light and batteries
- Bring a sundress for our Luau Night!
Please PACK LIGHTLY, the more you pack the more you keep track of!!
- hand sanitizer (will be provided at camp, but you’ll want it for the plane, etc!)
- journal and pen
- back up sunglasses, towels, stuff you usually lose.
- your own surfboard (optional)
- reading material
- camera – you will have limited access to your smartphone (read our camp technology policy), so we recommend bringing a GoPro or other waterproof camera!!
- Money for the camp store (with hats, rash guards, shirts, hoodies and more for sale!) We accept cash, Venmo or can run credit cards via Square.
Please pack lightly, less is more at surf camp!
*There are laundry facilities available. Our coin operated machine is $2.50 /load!
****We provide a bottom sheet for all campers, but all other bedding (blankets, pillows or sheets) must be provided from you. The nights can get cool enough that light blanket is nice.