2021 Overnight Camp COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
After an unprecedented year of canceled and rescheduled camps, Maui Surfer Girls is working on a plan for safely reopening our overnight programs in 2021. In doing so, we want to ensure the safest camp environment while navigating these challenging COVID-19 times. For twenty years, we have proudly provided a safe place for our MSG ‘ohana (family) to thrive physically and emotionally. Our mission to empower and support girls and women has only galvanized during this pandemic. The need for both physical and emotional support has only increased over the past year. Our surf camp can provide our participants an important outlet to connect with others and ourselves through surfing and a nurturing camp environment.
Here’s a list of precautionary measures that our surf camp will provide to ensure a reduced-risk COVID-19 safety bubble:
All participants must-
Please visit this website HawaiiCovid19.com for the most up-to-date travel information to the state of Hawaii. As of January 26, 2021 (date of posting), anyone arriving from off-island must take a COVID-19 test 72 hours and have a negative result posted PRIOR to travel in accordance with the State of Hawaii’s list of Trusted Partners linked here and travelers will need to download and log into the Safe Travels Hawaii app/website linked here.
County of Maui Public Health Emergency Rules now require the download of the AlohaSafe Alert application or other Google-Apple exposure notification system application for all travelers on the Safe Travels program and those who obtain a limited quarantine exemption.
For transpacific and interisland travelers, downloading the exposure notification apps is a requirement to avoid quarantine for 10 days. This is in addition to a negative COVID-19 pre-arrival test from a trusted partner.
Three to four days into camp, all participants must take a post arrival COVID test. Information will be provided to the campers prior to camp arrival.
DURING the PROGRAM
- During the entire camp experience we will be requiring masks be worn within 6 feet of each other. Excluding: surf time in the water, eating and drinking, sleeping.
- All staff members are required to be tested and submit a negative test result before camp starts.
- No visitors are allowed who have not been tested 24 hours before entering campgrounds.
- All campers and staff will limit our exposure to others during activities and we will require mask-wearing if near others outside of our bubble.
- Every surface at camp will be cleaned daily. (Every surface will be cleaned with a disinfectant in the kitchen and dining hall before and after each meal.) Paper products will be used during meals. NO shared water glasses, utensils, plates. Individual servings of each dish will be presented with no group platters.
- Cabins are open-aired with fans, and 2-3 women in each cabin, and 5 girls for Teen Camp. Cabin mates who have traveled together will share cabins.
- We will follow all state, local and CDC guidelines put forward to us at the time of the camp.
- Off-site activities may be limited during 2021 camps.
FOR WOMEN CAMPERS:
Upgrade packages for a private tentalow & rental car may be available for selected camps – please send us a note to inquire about availability.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policies for Camp and Surf School bookings
Cancellation and REFUND Policies –
–If you are cancelling due to COVID-19 exposure or a positive test result, you will get a 97% refund if you paid with a credit card to cover our merchant service charges. We also offer a coupon for rescheduling your camp or surf lesson for the total amount you paid.
–If you are cancelling due to travel delays or cancellations, you will get a 97% refund.
We just ask that you give us notice as soon as possible, so we can fill your spot at camp or surf lesson.
Here’s some great resources that we’ve used to inform our guidelines at camp: