2021 Overnight Camp COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
After an unprecedented year of canceled and rescheduled camps, Maui Surfer Girls is working on a plan for safely reopening our overnight programs in 2021. In doing so, we want to ensure the safest camp environment while navigating these challenging COVID-19 times. For twenty years, we have proudly provided a safe place for our MSG ‘ohana (family) to thrive physically and emotionally. Our mission to empower and support girls and women has only galvanized during this pandemic. The need for both physical and emotional support has only increased over the past year. Our surf camp can provide our participants an important outlet to connect with others and ourselves through surfing and a nurturing camp environment.
UPDATE as of 6.15.21: Masks are no longer required outdoors. Masks will still be worn inside vans when traveling to/from airport, beach, activities, etc.
Here’s a list of precautionary measures that our surf camp will provide to ensure a reduced-risk COVID-19 safety bubble:
All participants must-
Please visit this website HawaiiCovid19.com for the most up-to-date travel information to the state of Hawaii. All travelers will need to log into the Safe Travels Hawaii app/website linked here. Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. Non-vaccinated travelers must take a COVID-19 test 72 hours and have a negative result posted PRIOR to travel in accordance with the State of Hawaii’s list of Trusted Partners linked here
UPDATE FOR OUR 2021 FALL CAMPS: (updated Aug. 31) : Due to the recent uptick in cases we are going to be requiring ALL of our campers, whether vaccinated or not, to provide a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of the start of camp. We will also be requiring a mid-week post-travel test for anyone who traveled to Maui by plane for camp (at no cost).
County of Maui Public Health Emergency Rules now require the download of the AlohaSafe Alert application or other Google-Apple exposure notification system application for all travelers on the Safe Travels program and those who obtain a limited quarantine exemption.
DURING the PROGRAM
- For FALL 2021, all campers will be tested mid-week.
- Masks be worn when we are in vans, otherwise we’ll always be outside or able to follow social distancing guidelines.
- All staff members are required to be tested and submit a negative test result before camp starts.
- No visitors are allowed who have not been tested 24 hours before entering campgrounds.
- All campers and staff will limit our exposure to others during activities and we will require mask-wearing if near others outside of our bubble.
- Every surface at camp will be cleaned daily. (Every surface will be cleaned with a disinfectant in the kitchen and dining hall before and after each meal.)
- Cabins are open-aired with fans, and 2-3 women in each cabin, and 5 girls for Teen Camp. Cabin mates who have traveled together will share cabins.
- We will follow all state, local and CDC guidelines put forward to us at the time of the camp.
- Off-site activities may be limited during 2021 camps.
FOR WOMEN CAMPERS:
Upgrade packages for a private tentalow & rental car may be available for selected camps – please send us a note to inquire about availability.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policies for Camp and Surf School bookings
Cancellation and REFUND Policies –
–If you are cancelling due to COVID-19 exposure or a positive test result, you will get a 97% refund if you paid with a credit card to cover our merchant service charges. We also offer a coupon for rescheduling your camp or surf lesson for the total amount you paid.
–If you are cancelling due to travel delays or cancellations, you will get a 97% refund.
We just ask that you give us notice as soon as possible, so we can fill your spot at camp or surf lesson.
Here’s some great resources that we’ve used to inform our guidelines at camp: