Overnight Camp COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
After an unprecedented year of canceled and rescheduled camps, Maui Surfer Girls was able to safely reopening our overnight programs in 2021. For twenty years, we have proudly provided a safe place for our MSG ‘ohana (family) to thrive physically and emotionally. Our mission to empower and support girls and women has only galvanized during this pandemic. The need for both physical and emotional support has only increased over the past year. Our surf camp can provide our participants an important outlet to connect with others and ourselves through surfing and a nurturing camp environment.
UPDATE as of 6.15.21: Masks are no longer required outdoors. Masks will still be worn inside vans when traveling to/from airport, beach, activities, etc.
Here’s a list of precautionary measures that our surf camp will provide to ensure a reduced-risk COVID-19 safety bubble:
All participants must-
Please visit this website HawaiiCovid19.com for the most up-to-date travel information to the state of Hawaii. All travelers will need to log into the Safe Travels Hawaii app/website linked here. Beginning July 8, 2021, individuals fully vaccinated in the United States or its Territories may enter Hawaii on domestic flights without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. Non-vaccinated travelers must take a COVID-19 test 72 hours and have a negative result posted PRIOR to travel in accordance with the State of Hawaii’s list of Trusted Partners linked here
ALL 2022 Women’s Campers: (Updated Dec. 2021) Due to the recent uptick in cases we are going to be requiring ALL of our campers, whether vaccinated or not, to provide a negative COVID test result within 72 hours of the start of camp. We will also be requiring a mid-week post-travel test for anyone who traveled to Maui by plane for camp (at no cost).
County of Maui Public Health Emergency Rules now require the download of the AlohaSafe Alert application or other Google-Apple exposure notification system application for all travelers on the Safe Travels program and those who obtain a limited quarantine exemption.
UPDATED for 2022 Campers:
- If mid week test is positive you will be required to quarantine at either camp in one of our cabins designated for quarantine. Alternatively, you also have an option to book a hotel room at your own expense. We can provide food during your quarantine process on island. Since food and lodging has been paid for during your week attendance we do not give a full refund if you should test positive during camp.
- We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance prior to your camp so that you can recoup the camp tuition through a travel insurance policy.
- If you cancel due to a positive COVID-19 result prior to your attendance, we will need a copy of your positive covid-19 result & we will issue a 90% refund to cover our merchant service and administration costs.
- If your trip gets cancelled or delayed due to COVID travel restrictions, we will issue a 90% refund if you don’t end up attending. We will still offer an airport pick up if you miss the first day. We will evaluate and advise travel delays on a case by case basis with camp logistics in mind.
- In the unfortunate event of our camp cancelling your camp session due to COVID-19, we will offer a full refund or camp coupon to go towards a future camp for the tuition amount that you paid.
DURING the PROGRAM
- Masks be worn when we are in vans, otherwise we’ll always be outside or able to follow social distancing guidelines.
- All staff members are required to be tested and submit a negative test result before camp starts.
- No visitors are allowed who have not been tested 24 hours before entering campgrounds.
- All campers and staff will limit our exposure to others during activities and we will require mask-wearing if near others outside of our bubble.
- Every surface at camp will be cleaned daily. (Every surface will be cleaned with a disinfectant in the kitchen and dining hall before and after each meal.)
- Cabins are open-aired with fans, and 2-3 women in each cabin, and 5 girls for Teen Camp. Cabin mates who have traveled together will share cabins.
- We will follow all state, local and CDC guidelines put forward to us at the time of the camp.
- Off-site activities may be limited during 2021 camps.
FOR WOMEN CAMPERS:
Upgrade packages for a private tentalow & rental car may be available for selected camps – please send us a note to inquire about availability.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policies for Camp and Surf School bookings
Cancellation and REFUND Policies –
–If you are cancelling due to COVID-19 exposure or a positive test result, you will get a 97% refund if you paid with a credit card to cover our merchant service charges. We also offer a coupon for rescheduling your camp or surf lesson for the total amount you paid.
–If you are cancelling due to travel delays or cancellations, you will get a 90% refund.
We just ask that you give us notice as soon as possible, so we can fill your spot at camp or surf lesson.