Planning a trip to Maui? We’ve created this handy Calendar of Maui Events 2018, in case you’d like to schedule your vacation around one (or more) of Maui’s signature events. (please confirm dates on respective websites before booking – dates may change!) We’ve also included our upcoming surf camp dates just in case!
Event: Golf – Tournament of Champions 2018
- Date: January 3-7, 2018
- Location: Plantation Course at Kapalua
- Details: Tickets are NOW ON SALE: sentrytournamentofchampions.com
- The Sentry TOC is family friendly! Youth 18 and under are FREE with a ticketed adult. FREE admission for active, retired or reserve U.S. military and their dependents.
- Website: http://www.golfatkapalua.com/TOC_2018.html
- Event: Winter Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: January 14-19 (Sunday – Friday)
- Click for more
- Details: In our picturesque oceanfront cabins, return to nature, relive your youth, get reacquainted with yourself… all while learning (or getting better at) surfing, bonding with other adventurous women, and exploring the island of Maui!
- Event: Hawaiian Islands Land Trust “Buy Back the Beach”
- Date: Saturday, January 20
- Location: Old Lahaina Luau
- Details: The event brings together Hawai‘i’s top conservation advocates for an island-style pā‘ina under the Maui stars at the famous Old Lāhainā Lū‘au. Guests will be treated to ‘ono lū‘au fare, complimentary cocktails, live and silent auctions and live entertainment by Tavana. This benefit provides much-needed operational support to ensure the Hawaiian Islands Land Trust continues its efforts to protect the lands that sustain us.
- Website: http://www.hilt.org/special-events-calendar
Event: Book Trust Extravaganza: Treasure Island
- Date: Saturday, January 27
- Location: Fairmont Kea Lani
- Details: Announcing the 6th Annual Book Trust Extravaganza – Treasure Island — where we put the “fun” in fundraiser! Gather your mates and help us celebrate with a wonderful crew of Book Trust supporters with the goal of giving true treasure to our island keiki – BOOKS!
- Website: http://www.booktrust.org/event/extravaganza-treasure-island/
- Event: Maui Whale Festival 2018
- Date: February
- Details: The great Whale Day festival and parade is no longer, but has been replaced by two busy weekends full of whale-related fun, including a Run, a Film Festival and a Gala Night… Guess you can stop working on your float!
- Benefit Gala – Saturday, February 17 (King Kamehameha Golf Club, Waikapu)
- Film Festival – Friday, February 16 (Kaanapali Beach Hotel)
- Run and Walk – Saturday, February 10 (Maalaea)
- Whale Regatta – Saturday, February 10 (Maalaea Harbor Shops) – Join us for a party in the courtyard featuring live music, eco vendors and a sidewalk sale during Run & Walk for Whales.
- Website: https://www.pacificwhale.org
- Event: Maui Open Studios 2018
- Date: Weekends in February, Preview/ Opening Celebration: February 3
- Details: Visit Maui’s talented artists as they open up their galleries and studios in this month-long, island wide traveling event! Visitor tip: This is a great way to also explore some of the ‘hidden’ parts of Maui!
- Website: http://mauiopenstudios.com
Event: Art Affair 2018
- Date: Saturday, February 24
- Location: Hui No’eau’s historic Kalaunui Estate
- Details: The evening features a live and silent auction, live music, dancing, a gourmet seated dinner by Chef Bev Gannon and Celebrations Catering, and an opportunity to gather and celebrate with a wonderful community of visual art supporters! Proceeds from Art Affair enable access to exceptional visual arts programming for all ages and abilities throughout the year.
- Website: huinoeau.com/art-events
- Event: Spring Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: March 5-10
- Click for more
- Event: Maui Ag Festival
- Date: April 7
- Location: Maui Tropical Plantation
- Details: Maui’s agricultural industry, its allies, and supporters come together to share what each group does for the collective good of agriculture in the County, and to showcase ag’s vital role in the economy, environment, and lifestyle of Maui.
- Website: http://www.mauicountyfarmbureau.org/maui-county-agricultural-festival-2/ (links to 2017, to be updated when available)
- Event: East Maui Taro Festival 2018
- Date: April 21
- Details: Farmers’ Market, Poi Pounding, Arts and Crafts, Food Booths, Music and Hula!
- Website: http://www.tarofestival.org
Event: Carden Academy Jamboree 2018
- Date: Saturday, April 28
- Location: Upcountry Maui
- Details: Help support Carden Academy’s enrichment programs with this fun ‘cowboy’ themed fundraiser! Barbecue dinner, silent auction, and a pie contest!
- For more info: http://www.cardenmaui.org
- Event: Haiku Hoolaulea & Flower Festival 2018
- Date: April 28
- Details: Live entertainment,silent auction, floral design and lei making contests, a Haiku historical display, children’s activities, food trucks, bake sales and more! A benefit for Haiku Elementary School, Haiku Community Association and Boys & Girls Club Maui-Haiku. Visitor Tip: Haiku can be rainy / muddy so come prepared! (Need upcoming dates? Always scheduled for the 4th Saturday of April)
- Website: http://haikuhoolaulea.org
- Event: Olukai Hoolaulea
- Date: April 28 & 29
- Details: A two-day event with a bit of everything: competitive and ‘fun’ downwind SUP and canoe races, entertainment, traditional Hawaiian games, prize-money, and giving back to the community. 2018 will be the 10th Annual!
- Website: https://www.olukai.com/hoolaulea.html
- Event: Paddle Imua (Benefit Race for Camp Imua)
- Date: Saturday, May 5
- Details: Held on Maui’s legendary Maliko Downwind Run, Bluesmiths Paddle Imua welcomes athletes who paddle Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUP), Outrigger Canoes (OC1 , OC2 & OC6), Prone Paddleboards and Surf Skis. In 2017, they added experimental Hydro Foil SUP and Laser Sailboat classes as well.
- Website: http://paddleimua.com
- Event: Seabury Hall Craft Fair 2018
- Date: May 12
- Details: The school’s signature fundraising event, the craft fair is definitely an event to plan a trip to Maui around! Featuring over 100 Artists and Crafters, Silent Auction, Entertainment, tons of delicious food and deserts, Games & Pony Rides and more! Always the day before Mother’s Day. Visitor Tip: It will be sunny, rainy, hot and chilly. It’s upcountry Maui. Dress in layers, bring sunscreen, a hat and a rain jacket!
- Website: http://www.seaburyhallcraftfair.com
- Event: Maui Brewers Festival 2018
- Date: May 19
- Details: Sample beers from around the world and help support Maui Arts and Cultural Center at this fun outdoor event! Every ticket includes beer tastings from local and national craft breweries, complimentary island-style pūpū from local restaurants and caterers, live music, door prizes, a home brew competition, and more!
- Website: http://mauiarts.org/special-events.php
- Event: Summer Women’s Surf Camps (2 weeks offered!)
- Date: June 4-9 and 11-16
- Click for more
Event: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival
- Date: June 7-10, 2018
- Location: Kapalua Resort
- Details: Kapalua Wine and Food Festival is a collaboration of Kapalua Resort partners creating a new spin on the longest running food and wine event in the USA.This celebration of epicurean excellence will convene the finest in food and wine and embrace all things Hawaiian – notably – the fabulous culinary bounty on Maui
- Website: https://kapaluawineandfoodfestival.com
- Event: Maui Film Festival 2018
- Date: June 13-17
- Locations: Wailea and Kahului
- Details: Celebrities, awesome movies, breathtaking venues, crazy fun parties… oh, and did we mention celebrities?
- Website: http://www.mauifilmfestival.com
- Event: Fourth of July Rodeo and Parade 2018
- Location: Makawao
- Details: The annual Makawao 4th of July Parade and Rodeo is a Hawaiian tradition that boasts a rodeo show and cultural parade. The four-day engagement features amateur and professional rodeo exhibitions including bull riding, calf roping, mugging, bronco riding and breakaways. The colorful parade of floats and marchers falls on the Saturday of the event.
- Website: https://www.makawaorodeo.net
- Event: Teen Girls’ Surf Camp (2 Weeks ONLY!)
- Dates: July 16- 22 and 23- 29
- Details: Now in its 18th year, our teen camp is dedicated to empowering teenage girls through Maui’s water sports and our mentorship program. The all-inclusive camp includes oceanfront accommodations, professional surf coaching, and a wide range of island adventures including zip lining, snorkeling and waterfall hikes. Open to girls 12-17.
- Click for more info
- Event: Maui Calls 2018
- Date: TBD
- Location: Maui Arts and Cultural Center, Kahului
- Details: The MACC’s annual signature fundraiser gala: enjoy a fresh flower lei greeting, delectable pūpū, premium wines, dancing to live music and excellent live and silent auction shopping.
- Website: http://mauiarts.org/special-events.php
- Event: Maui Fair 2018
- Date: (usually around the first week in October)
- Location: War Memorial, Wailuku
- Details: It’s the fair! Rides, games, entertainment, livestock, and FOOD!
- Website: https://www.mauifair.com
- Event: Noble Chef 2018
- Date: October
- Location: Fairmont Kea Lani, Wailea
- Details: The largest annual fundraiser for UH Maui’s Culinary Arts Program, the Noble Chef feature students working alongside Maui’s most notable Chefs. A fun new theme each year, with a cocktail reception, seated dinner and extravagant dessert buffet. Proceeds support culinary education, student career advancement, and community service.
- Website: https://www.uhfoundation.org/news/21st-annual-noble-chef-gala (2017 event, to be updated when new one available)
- Event: Halloween in Lahaina 2018
- Date: October 31
- Details: Often called the Mardi Gras of the Pacific… Front Street is closed to traffic, and opened to costumed revelry! Visitor tip: If you are coming out for this event, make sure you get a hotel close to Lahaina! And book early!
- Website: http://visitlahaina.com
- Event: Maui Jim Invitational Basketball Championship 2018
- Date: November 19-21
- Location: Lahaina Civic Center
- Details: A college basketball tournament hosted by Chaminade. The 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational, America’s premier early season basketball tournament, will feature eight Division I programs for the first time in its 35-year history when Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier visit the island. Host Chaminade University will play on the mainland in the Opening Round for the first time.
- Website: http://mauiinvitational.com
- Event: Christmas Tree Lightings
- Date: varies
- Details: We don’t have snow or cold weather or ice skating, but something about lighting up a giant tree (of any sort) can help get you in a holiday mood. There’s always the tree lighting at Lahaina’s banyan tree, and recently the Grand Wailea and Ulupalakua Ranch/ Maui Winery have gotten in on the action.
- Website: See colored links above
Would you like to submit an event? To add your event to our Maui Events 2018 Calendar, please email email@example.com with all of your event details. Big, Annual events only please.
Maui Events 2018