Planning a trip to Maui? We’ve created this handy calendar of Maui events 2017 in case you’d like to schedule your vacation around one (or more) of Maui’s signature events. (please confirm dates on respective websites before booking – dates may change!) We’ve gone ahead and added some visitor tips, and also included scheduling information when possible if you are coming in 2018 or beyond. We’ve also included our upcoming surf camp dates… If you would like to submit your event for consideration, please post a comment below… and check back for more listings as they become available!
- Event: Golf – Tournament of Champions
- Date: January 5-8
- Location: Plantation Course at Kapalua
- Website: http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.2017.html
- Event: Winter Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: January 16-21
- Details: In our picturesque oceanfront cabins, return to nature, return to your youth, return to yourself… all while learning (or getting better at) surfing, bonding with other adventurous women, and exploring the island of Maui!
- Click here for MORE
- Event: World Whale Day
- Date: February 18
- Details: The signature event of the month-long Maui Whale Festival, WWD raises awareness and inspires action to protect humpback whales and their ocean habitat. Held every February on the Saturday before Presidents Day.
- Website: http://mauiwhalefestival.org/world-whale-day
- Event: Maui Open Studios
- Date: February 4 – 26 (runs on weekends)
- Details: Visit Maui’s talented artists as they open up their galleries and studios in this month-long, island wide traveling event! Visitor tip: This is a great way to also explore some of the ‘hidden’ parts of Maui!
- Website: http://mauiopenstudios.com/about/2017-event-schedule/
- Event: Spring Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: March 13- 18
- Details: see January listing
- Event: Imua Family Services Fantasia Ball
- Date: April 8
- Details: The Fantasia Ball is Imua Family Services’ annual fundraising gala dinner featuring top entertainment and an exciting After Party where you can dance the night away – 2017’s event will take place at the Hyatt Regency.
- Website: http://imuafamilyservices.org/fantasia-ball3/
- Event: The Butterfly Effect – Downwind Paddle, North Shore Maui
- Date: Saturday, April 15
- Details: The all-women downwinder is a 2-mile paddle perfect for all levels. Bring your sisters, moms, daughters, aunties, and friends! It is a perfect day to celebrate each other, nature, health and happiness!
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-butterfly-effect-maui-tickets-31475725743?aff=es2
- Event: Haiku Hoolaulea & Flower Festival
- Date: April 22
- Details: Live entertainment,silent auction, floral design and lei making contests, a Haiku historical display, children’s activities, food trucks, bake sales and more! A benefit for Haiku Elementary School, Haiku Community Association and Boys & Girls Club Maui-Haiku. Visitor Tip: Haiku can be rainy / muddy so come prepared! (Need upcoming dates? Always scheduled for the 4th Saturday of April)
- Website: http://haikuhoolaulea.org
- Event: East Maui Taro Festival
- Date: April 29
- Details: Farmers’ Market, Poi Pounding, Arts and Crafts, Food Booths, Music and Hula!
- Website: http://www.tarofestival.org
- Event: Maui Brewers Festival
- Date: May 13
- Details: Sample beers from around the world and help support Maui Arts and Cultural Center at this fun outdoor event! Every ticket includes beer tastings from local and national craft breweries, complimentary island-style pūpū from local restaurants and caterers, live music, door prizes, a home brew competition, and more! (Tickets go on sale on St. Patrick’s Day, Friday, March 17, 2017)
- Website: http://mauiarts.org/special-events.php
- Event: Seabury Hall Craft Fair
- Date: May 13
- Details: The school’s signature fundraising event, the craft fair is definitely an event to plan a trip to Maui around! Featuring over 100 Artists and Crafters, Silent Auction, Entertainment, tons of delicious food and deserts, Games & Pony Rides and more! Always the day before Mother’s Day. Visitor Tip: It will be sunny, rainy, hot and chilly. It’s upcountry Maui. Dress in layers, bring sunscreen, a hat and a rain jacket!
- Website: http://www.seaburyhallcraftfair.com
- Event: Summer Women’s Surf Camp
- Date: June 5-10
- Details: (CAMP IS FULL – JOIN THE WAITLIST ON THE CAMP PAGE)
- Event: Maui Film Festival
- Date: June 21-25
- Details: Celebrities, awesome movies, breathtaking venues, crazy fun parties… oh, and did we mention celebrities?
- Website: http://www.mauifilmfestival.com
- (Also in June – Launch of Teen Camp, see listing below)
- Event: Teen Girls’ Surf Camp
- Date: June 26 – July 3, July 4-11, July 12-19
- Details: Now in its 17th year, our teen camp is dedicated to empowering teenage girls through Maui’s water sports and our mentorship program. The all-inclusive camp includes oceanfront accommodations, professional surf coaching, and a wide range of island adventures including zip lining, snorkeling and waterfall hikes. Open to girls 12-17.
- For More Info
- Event: Maui Calls
- Date: August 18, 2017
- Details: The MACC’s annual signature fundraiser gala: enjoy a fresh flower lei greeting, delectable pūpū, premium wines, dancing to live music and excellent live and silent auction shopping.
- Website: http://mauiarts.org/special-events.php
- Event: Maui Humane Society Fur Ball “The Great Catsby: A Night of Purr-hibition”
- Date: Saturday, September 9
- Location: Four Seasons Resort Maui (Wailea)
- Details: The evening will include a premier buffet dinner, no-host bar (two drink vouchers included with each ticket), live music and dancing, Silent and Live Auctions, and much more. Each ticket also comes with $100 in casino chips to use in our speakeasy casino. Individual tickets are $175 each and tables of ten are $1,750 and there are also a limited number of sponsorships still available. All proceeds from this event will support the Maui Humane Society’s many life-saving efforts.
- Tickets: To buy tickets or for more information, please visit our website at www.mauihumanesociety.org or contact our Donor Relations Coordinator at [email protected] or call (808) 877-3680, ext. 219.
The Noble Chef is one of Maui’s premier food and wine events – Not to be missed!
Event: Noble Chef
- Date: Saturday, October 28
- Details: Culinary students work alongside Maui’s most notable Chefs in a not-to-be-missed culinary journey to the Hawaii of yester-year. This year’s theme “Hawaiian Renaissance” delights the senses with décor, fashion and traditional local entertainment. Visitor’s tip: This event takes place at the beautiful Fairmont Kea Lani… book a room!
- Website: https://www.uhfoundation.org/news/21st-annual-noble-chef-gala
- Event: Peahi Challenge / WSL Big Wave Tour
- UPDATE: GREEN LIGHT for October 27 & 28!!!
- Date: October 15-December 31
- Location: Peahi, North Shore (although watching online is highly recommended- will be difficult if not impossible to get to the cliffs during the actual event)
- Details: See if local boy Billy Kemper can retain his title!
- Website: http://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2017/mbwt
- Event: Aloha Classic Windsurfing Competition
- Dates: October 29 – November 12 (holding window)
- Location: Hookipa Beach Park
- Details: Starting Oct. 29, the best windsurfers from across the globe will come to Maui for the International Windsurfing Tour’s annual Aloha Classic at Ho‘okipa Beach Park. The contest will start on Saturday, Oct. 28 with evening check-in and registration for all competitions from 6-9 p.m. at Rock & Brews. On Sunday, Oct. 29 the Opening Blessing Ceremony will take place at Ho’okipa Beach Park.
- Website: http://www.alohaclassicmaui.com
- Event: Maui Surfer Girls Fall Women’s Surf Camp – FULL!!!
- Dates: October 30-November 4
- Details: Join 12 other women from around the world for a week to remember! Daily surf lessons, tropical adventures, beach side massages and yoga! This week also includes an optional side trip to Maui’s BIGGEST annual event – Halloween on Front Street in Lahaina! Women 21+ only!
- Click for More Info
- Event: Halloween in Lahaina!
- Date: October 31
- Details: Often called the Mardi Gras of the Pacific… Front Street is closed to traffic, and opened to costumed revelry! Visitor tip: If you are coming out for this event, make sure you get a hotel close to Lahaina! And book early!
- Event: Maui Jim Invitational Basketball Championship
- Date: Nov 20-22
- Details: A college basketball tournament hosted by Chaminade.
- Website: http://mauiinvitational.com
- Event: Women’s Pro Surf Championship: Honolua Bay
- Date: November 25-December 6
- Details: See if defending champion Tyler Wright of Australia can hold on to her title, or if Carissa Moore can get compete for her 3rd Honolua Win. The Maui Women’s Pro is the final opportunity for CT surfers to qualify for next season’s elite tour and the event will be fueled by a battle for requalification. The event returned to the schedule in 2014, after being off since 2009, and has been the season finale of the elite women’s tour ever since.
- Event: Hui Holiday’s First Night
- Date: Wednesday, November 29
- Location: Hui Noeau
- Details: Get your holiday shopping done in style as you enjoy drinks, pupu, and spirited music – all the while surrounded by the holiday décor of the dramatically decorated Kaluanui estate, including the famous and sought after paper dress installation and hand-made wreath sale.
- Website: http://www.huinoeau.com
- Event: Christmas Tree Lightings
- Date: varies
- Details: We don’t have snow or cold weather or ice skating, but something about lighting up a giant tree (of any sort) sets you in a holiday mood. There’s always the tree lighting at Lahaina’s banyan tree (December 2) , and recently the Grand Wailea and Ulupalakua Ranch / Maui Winery (December 9) have gotten in on the action.
- Website: see colored links above.
Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Ulupalakua
Families are invited to celebrate the holidays at the Third Annual Holiday Tree lighting on the historical grounds of MauiWine. The tall pine trees combined with that holiday “chill in the air” makes upcountry perfect for bundling-up Maui-style and celebrating the holiday season. Festivities start at 5:30p.m. with the lighting of the holiday tree after sunset followed by a movie under the stars. Plenty of activities including live entertainment, holiday crafts for kids, photos and Santa Claus and more. Admission is free. Visit www.mauiwine.com.
Maui Events 2017 | Maui Calendar of Events 2017 | Maui Event Listings 2017 | Maui Big Events 2017